Thursday, March 12, 2009

1st Blog Attempt Ever!

Hi Everyone! I am brand spanking new to blogging and not exactly tech savvy, so if anyone has any suggestions or tips they would be much appreciated.....I am excited to see the sun shining today and hopefully get out of this winter cooking rut. It makes me start thinking about well, food....For the 1st time this year our family is subscribing to a 1/2 share of a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) basket from Sungold Farms. Basically once a week starting in June we pick up a box from our local farmers market filled with fruits, veggies, and herbs of the season. I think it will be a great opportunity for us to stay on the path to eating healthy and also force my creative juices to start flowing. For example, what in the world do I do with a Khalorobi? It will also force us to eat things we usually avoid at all costs in the Markum household....like eggplant. I am making it my special project for us to not only eat everything we get in our box, but make it taste good and enjoy it as well. I will be posting my misadventures right here. For anyone interested about CSA boxes and how to subscribe follow this link:
www.localharvest.org
http://www.portlandcsa.org/oregon-csa-farms.php#OtherCSAs

It is a great way to support your local economy and eat healthy and organic!

No comments:

Post a Comment