Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Quarter Century Old: Widmer Bros. & Jillian!


So today I would like to give a big shout out to my sister Jillian who is turning 25 tommorrow. Coincidentally, so is Widmer Brewery. Jillian is a beer girl and I am a wine girl, (among the many differences between us..) but we both love Widmer Hefeweizen. The last time she visited we went to their brewery after a baseball game and had a big pitcher of that cold, lemony , cloudy goodness. Widmer Hefeweizen is hands down my favorite, but by no means the only good beer that Widmer makes. Some family favorites include Drop Top Amber Ale, Broken Halo IPA , and Drifter Pale Ale. Living in Portland we are lucky to be surrounded by a lot of great breweries & beer pubs, but we always end up going to the Widmer Gausthaus. (This is saying a lot because we have a brewpub 2 blocks from our house, but we'd rather drive across town.) They have great food, and they are really family friendly. The waitstaff always bring us milk and crackers for Sofia and never charge us for them. One time Sofia even knocked over and BROKE a big Weizen glass (see pic) and the staff was very nice about it even though I was quite embarrassed at her party foul. I am thinking she might have inherited my clumsiness….

Tommorrow, April 2nd the Widmer Gausthaus Brewpub is offering $1.50 pints of all their beer all day. A holla back to their original 1984 pint prices(those must have been the days….) So if you are in town, go grab yourself a pint (yeah, it might be crowded, but in a fun, Ocktoberfest kind of way.) If not, go buy yourself a 6 pack of Widmer (insert name here) and drink a prost to their successful 25 years of beer making and to my little sister’s successful 25 years on the planet!
Happy Bithday Tia!

5 comments:

  1. Nice post! Wish we were all together to toast Jillian's birthday tomorrow BUT we will next Friday in Monterey! I'll even drink half a beer. Happy Birthday Jillian! Love, mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a life! Family, food, drink, sports! We have learned well! Happy Birthday Jill! Love, Papa and Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, sorry 'bout that. What I meant to say was:

    Mmmmmm, beer. I think the Widmer beers are the best across the beer - especially the Snow Plow, Broken Halo, and the new seasonal Belgian Ale.

    Hippy Bathday, Jillian!

    Gavin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Widmer!! And my niece and sissy of course

    ReplyDelete